DRY SEASON TOUR - Litchfield Wanderer - 1 Day Litchfield Regional Tour
- Duration: 11 Hours (approx.)
- Location: MALAK NT, Northern Territory
- Product code: EALW-01
The Litchfield Wanderer is for those who want to join a small team and experience the Top End with friends. This is a personable, flexible and comprehensive experience that will not be easily forgotten.
Ancient stone fringed paths, pristine creeks and water holes fed by cascading waterfalls are the backdrop for your experience. Degree qualified, environmentally responsible Australians are your guides.
Motivated and interesting fellow travellers are your partners.
Anything is possible on the Litchfield Wanderer one day tour from Darwin.
Be on your way from your hotel by around 7.30 am and heading for Berry Springs and the perfect way to start you day. Enjoy homemade mango muffins, tea, coffee, milo whilst partaking of the ancient practice of a waterfall massage !
Having set the scene for the day we then make tracks for the historic village of Batchelor.
Along the way get to know the landscape and history of the Top End as your local guide lets you in on the past and present before arriving at Batchelor Town.
Here we take the time to enjoy the Batchelor museum which showcases many personal stories of the people and events which shaped the NT and Australia as a whole.
It is also the perfect spot to have our gourmet BBQ in perfect harmony and privacy.
Following this we we enter Litchfield National Park and begin to discover why this is the most popular park in the Territory. Full of places to visit our list to choose from includes the iconic Cathedral and Magnetic Termite mounds, Wangi Falls, Tolmer Falls, Florence Falls, Buley Rockhole and Tabletop Wetland.
Ample opportunity here to go for a stroll along the rainforest shaded creeks or just sit and relax. If bush survival is of interest let us introduce you to some of the native plants and their uses also ... plenty to do and see !
Whatever you want it is here.
- Small team size (max. 10)
- Morning / afternoon tea
- Exclusive dining at the Batchelor Museum (entry included)
- Exploration of Litchfield National Park
- Waterfalls, walks & photo opportunities
- Home prepared snacks and refreshments (mango muffins, chocolate wattleseed biscuits and more)
- Education (history, culture, bush foods & medicines)
- Qualified local eco-friendly Australian guide
Pick-up + drop-off from your accommodation
Qualified Australian local guide
Fresh cool water refills & delicious lunch options
Insect repellent + sunscreen
Complimentary end of year photo ebook
Access to reports and relevant information sources
☐ Water bottle
☐ Comfortable walking shoes
☐ Swimwear & Towel
1. Once Berry Springs is closed for the year around September / October / November the Litchfield itinerary will be that of the 'Pure Litchfield' tour.